Edit thread icon
Delete thread icon
Upload
Remove
ops

LIMC Malpensa: Special procedures for General Aviation flights. 28 SEP-27 NOV19. Impact: High.

Comments iconVotes icon0
Votes iconVotes icon0
Views iconVotes icon92
Vote button Vote button
Vote button Vote button

A6860/19 

SPECIAL PROCEDURES FOR GENERAL AVIATION FLIGHT WILL BE APPLIED IN A SPECIAL REGULATED APRON (SRA) AREA NEXT TO THE NEW DEDICATED 'SEA PRIME' GENERAL AVIATION TERMINAL POSITION 453809.18N 0084248.42E. 

A. RESTRICTIONS: 

-ACFT WITH MAXIMUM TAKE-OFF WEIGHT (MAX TAKE-OFF WEIGHT) LESS THAN 2700KG NOT ALLOWED 

-NON-BASED AIRCRAFT WITH MAXIMUM TAKE-OFF WEIGHT LESS THAN 7000KG ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LAND HOURS 0800-1000 

-THE CHOSEN HANDLER FOR ASSISTANCE SHALL BE INDICATED IN ITEM 18 OF FILED FLIGHT PLAN MESSAGE

-PARKING ALLOWED UP TO MAXIMUM 12HR FOR NON-BASED AIRCRAFT ANY FURTHER REQUEST MUST BE COORDINATED WITH APRON COORDINATION (COP) 

-VFR APCH, LANDING AND TAKE-OFF ARE NOT PERMITTED EXCEPT HELICOPTER AND BASED AIRCRAFT 

-VFR/N ALLOWED ONLY FOR HELICOPTER 

B. SPECIAL REGULATED APRON: 

-STANDARD PROCEDURES TO/FROM SRA ARE ANTICLOCKWISE, I.E. EASTBOUND ON APRON TAXIWAY P AND WESTBOUND ON APRON TAXIWAY NORTH 

-ACFT SHALL REPORT TO THE AERODROME CONTROL TOWER FOLLOW-ME IN SIGHT BEFORE REACHING REPORTING POSITION 'N1' (TAXIING IN TO SRA) AND Q23 (LEAVING SRA) FOR A CORRECT TAXIING SEQUENCE 

B.1 ARRIVING ACFT: 

-ACFT MUST INFORM HANDLER ABOUT ETA/ETD 

-N1: AIRCRAFT SHALL FOLLOWING 'SEA PRIME' FOLLOW-ME CAR TO ASSIGNED PARKING AREA 

-MARSHALLER WILL ASSURE A CORRECT AIRCRAFT POSITIONING UNTIL ITS COMPLETE TURN-OFF 

-ANY AIRCRAFT REPOSITIONING MUST BE COORDINATED WITH 'COP SEA PRIME' ON FREQUENCY 131.875MHZ. 

BLUE.2

DEPARTING ACFT: 

-PUSH-BACK OR TOWING ARE MANDATORY LEAVING ASSIGNED PARKING AREA TO REACH Q15, Q16, Q17 AND Q27 START POINT 

-WHEN PUSH-BACK TRACTOR HAS BEEN CONNECTED, AIRCRAFT IS READY AND START UP CLEARANCE HAS BEEN ISSUED, PILOT IN COMMAND SHALL CONTACT 'COP SEA PRIME' ON FREQUENCY 131.875MHZ TO RECEIVE INSTRUCTION FOR PUSH-BACK

-IN THE ASSIGNED PARKING AREA ONLY ONE ENGINE START-UP AT THE MINIMUM POWER IS ALLOWED WHEN AUXILLARY POWER UNIT IS INOPERATIVE (OR NOT EQUIPPED WITH) 

-RAMP AGENT WILL GUARANTEE AIRCRAFT SAFETY AREA CLEAR: NO VEHICLES, EQUIPMENT, OBSTACLES AND GROUND PERSONNEL 

-WHEN RELEASED AT ASSIGNED START POINT THE AIRCRAFT SHALL COMPLETE THE ENGINE START-UP AND, WITH 'SEA PRIME' FOLLOW ME INSIGHT, TAXIING TO Q23 ON APRON TAXIWAY P, SOUTHBOUND 

-AT Q23 PILOT IN COMMAND SHALL CALL ATC, CALL SIGN 'MALPENSA GROUND WEST' ON FREQUENCY 121.900MHZ FOR TAXIING INSTRUCTION 

-'MALPENSA GROUND WEST' WILL CLEAR AIRCRAFT TO TAXI VIA APRON TAXIWAY P, ESTBOUND 

-IN CASE OF POOR VISIBILITY, ON SRA 'COP' WILL ALLOW ONLY ONE TOW/PUSH-BACK AT A TIME 

С. HELICOPTERS: 

-SKID-EQUIPPED HEL, EVEN WITH WHEEL ON BOARD, ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OPERATE IN THE SRA 

-TAKE-OFF AND LANDING PERMITTED ONLY ON THE RUNWAYS

-'SEA PRIME' FOLLOW-ME CAR WILL STAND NEXT TO GAS GENERATOR SPEED WAITING FOR AIR TAXIING, AFTER LDG, TO SRA (SPECIAL REGULATED APRON) 

-STAND 351: PREFERRED HELICOPTER PARKING AREA 

-DUE TO SPECIAL TRAFFIC CONDITION, AERODROME CONTROL TOWER COULD AUTHORIZE DEPARTURE HELICOPTER VIA APRON TAXIWAY N, EASTBOUND, WITH 'SEA PRIME' FOLLOW-ME CAR IN SIGHT 

D. REFUELLING: 

-REFUELLING REQUESTS SHALL BE FORWARDED TO THE HANDLER 

-REFUELLING WITH PASSENGERS ON BOARD IS NOT ALLOWED 

-REFUELLING OPERATIONS CAN BE CARRIED OUT IN THE ABSENCE OF ERA/ASA, BUT WITH RESPECT TO THE SAFE DISTANCES BETWEEN CONTIGUOUS AIRCRAFT DURING REFUELLING SET BY THE MINISTERIAL DECREE JUNE 30TH, 2011. REFERENCE TO AERONAUTICAL INFORMATION PUBLICATION (AIP) AD2 LIMC 1-11)

Notifications